Saturday, June 28, 2008

Second Fish

Angela's folks saw my fish tank today and felt it needed more fish. Who am I to argue?

These two guys are panda cory catfish. When I put them in the tank for the first time they both found some cover and stayed hidden for a couple hours. They didn't stay hidden though, before two long they found one another and immediately got busy prowling the tank. They've been pal-ing around all night, rooting through the sand chasing one another around.



When we were at the store buying the neons Angela spotted a tank with orange mollies and what are called mickey mouse platies. Well I figure it can't hurt to have some fish in the tank that Angela likes. So in a blatant attempt to get her engaged I picked up a lone platy. Don't worry, unlike my herds livebearers like her platy don't mind being solo. Well unlike my timid little fish Angela's gets put in the tank and immediately starts cruising about like he, yes it is a he, owns the place. Figures. Apparently he wore himself out though because right how he's hiding in the tank's caves and not being very photogenic.

My neons have gotten out of their corner and are schooling about the tank checking things out. Apparently they like the air stone's bubbles and play in them from time to time.

I'm now pushing the limit on fish I can put in an uncycled tank, maybe even a bit over it. I'm going to be keeping close track on my ammonia and nitrite levels so if things start to get out of hand I'll be able to do a water change or add some ammo-lock.

1 comment:

Jack said...


breeding angelfish


This is the first time I’ve read about this. I keep learning new things everyday!