Friday, June 20, 2008

Even More Cleaning

I spent an hour cleaning even more tonight. As it stands right now everything is cleaned and ready to go save the tank. Tomorrow my wife and I will carry it out back and I'll hose it down and clean it out. Once that's done its into the house and time to start setting things up.

Unfortunately a few last odds and ends managed to wipe out my fish cash so this weekend I'll have a tank fully set up, and no cash to buy any fish. What finished me off was a 100W heater, a 6 pack of filter cartridges, some Fluval ceramic rings and some aquarium silicone so I can turn that slate into some caves.

Oh, I also used my water test kit to see about my tap water. The good news is I won't be fighting any ammonia or nitrites right out of the tap. The bad news is that my water is hard as a rock.


1 comment:

Angela said...

I love your dedication to this project. It's the best gift I could have given you, something that doesn't involve video games!
No seriously, I love that you have so much passion about your fish tank. I just wish we had more money to go all out on it. Anybody want to make a donation to the cause???