Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Filter Progress

I made some good progress today with the tank. I cleaned up the Penguin filter and one of the power filters. I used some vinegar and hot water and scrubbed them both clean, or as clean as I could get them. The good news is that all the parts are present, I just have to rummage through and match up the lift tubes for either filter. I'd post pictures of them except that our camera died at the hospital tonight taking pictures of Isabella so until it recharges no luck.

Tomorrow I'm going to clean up the gang valve and gravel vac then get started on the tank itself.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Let me know how things progress. We are going to be picking up our 29 gallon from John and Jill on saturday, so I am pumped abou that. Let me know what cleaner to use if you find out, and if you end up with any of those slate rocks left over let me know.

Aaron said...

Either use vinegar or bleach. Just be sure to rinse out any part that will contact the water and let it sit overnight before you fill.