Sunday, June 29, 2008

Losses

Unfortunately I lost four of my neons overnight. Three were motionless, laying on the sand on their sides not breathing, not responding to the food added to the tank and not responding to the net or being picked up. Dead. The forth was floating aimlessly. He'd flick his tail occasionally but he was tumbling through the tank out of control. His breathing was ragged and with three confirmed dead and only three still acting normally I didn't think I could take the risk on him snapping out of it.

Unfortunately one of my three remaining neons has a slightly ragged spot on the lower lobe of his caudal fin and he's not staying as close to the other two as I'd expect. Could be nothing but I'm paranoid now.

Time to see if my fish shop has some kind of guarantee.

No comments: