Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Update

First off, the fry are doing well. The best we can count now there's five fry still going strong. One in particular is getting BIG. No evidence of color or sex yet, I'm going to separate boys from girls the moment I can though. I don't mind some fry once in a while but until I've got some more fish in the tank I don't think I'm going to let them breed. I can deal with one or two surviving from each drop but 5+ is dangerous.

In QT/Hospital tank news I've got all the pieces together, now its just a matter of waiting for my sponge filter to marinate and then I can set it up. I've got about another week to go on the sponge filter before I put everything together.

To keep it cycled while I wait on the serpaes at the end of the outage I may buy a couple more neons and a platy or two... don't tell my wife.
It's goofy but I really love the neons. Their bright blue and red colors, the way they school together, they're just great looking fish. I've found a lot of varities of platy I'd love to see in my tank.



1 comment:

Angela said...

I like the first and the last platies, doesn't mean I'm happy about more fish...