Monday, November 24, 2008

Shark, "Oh No!"


With the serpaes in the main tank there's room in the QT tank for something I've been waiting five months for, my red tailed black shark.Well my RTBS and three more neons. Before I put them in I broke the tank down and removed about half the gravel, there was just too much and I had to dig a pit so I could fit in the filter and still put on the lid. I also pulled out the baggie of biomax since the sponge was cycled and the bioload went way down.

And here's my pride and joy. I have to say he's skittish... well he's a complete sissy. He spends most of his time hiding under the heater, the filter, or in a cave/rock. He'll even run and hide when a neon swims by and he's easily ten times their size. I don't want him vicously attacking everyone in the tank but a little back bone would be nice.

It makes it even funnier that when I first brought my boy over to look at him. I told him I had a shark in the tank and pointed to him. My boy spotted him and immediately backed up saying, "Oh NO!"

3 comments:

Angela said...

Word World had a shark on today and he kept saying, Mama, Shark OH NO! You've scared him for life.

Oh and John Wayne took a look at the shark today.

Aaron said...

John's trying to figure out how to get in the tank and get her. She's the first fish large enough for him to eat.

Isaac said...

Any more updates?