Sunday, August 10, 2008

Meow-Fish



Fish day came early this week, on Friday. I picked up three new additions for the aquarium, panda cory catfish. So far everyone is looking to be doing well in their new home. They're still a little shy and staying hidden behind my stump and under the vine. That spot seems to be very popular with some of the neons and now the catfish. Of course I did it intentionally, I figured that much cover would let the fish have a good spot it they got nervous and it works. I'm hopeful that over the course of the week the catfish will get settled and come out more. When they get another member of their shoal on Saturday maybe that will help even more. I'd also like them to figure out the sinking pellets I'm putting in because everyone else has and swarms on them long before the catfish wander over.

Everyone else is doing good. The stooges are still being themselves and my neons are no where near as skittish as they used to be. Even the one that was making me nervous has got his color back and is prowling around with all the other ones.

Day two of lettuce was a failure. I didn't even see anyone sniff it. I'm going to try and get them to eat it by offering them nothing else tomorrow. Maybe if they've got no other options they'll give it a shot. In the mean time I'll see if there are some other options for vegetables for them.

No comments: